Every business generates a huge amount of data. The only place you will get to know about all your business-related information is your business data. The data ranges from your growth, revenue, sales, competition, gain, or loss. You can get a lot of insights from the data your business generates. But going through them manually is definitely not possible and good luck if you try to do the same. Hence nowadays we have many business intelligence software which can ease your work by analyzing your data and giving you insights and suggestions to help you improve your business.
What is Business Intelligent Software?
As mentioned earlier one of the most important pillars of any business is data. Through understanding data better, you can be crystal clear in the decision-making process. Data allows you to understand your business better, improves the growth of your business, above all data prevents you from the same mistake which will havoc on your time and resources.
Business intelligence software revolutionizes the raw unstructured data of your business into powerful information in the form of summaries, or graphs, or pie charts which makes your decision-making process wiser with wide analysis. The working process of BI software is data sourcing, analyzing, eliminating irrelevant information, assessment for business decision making.
How do Business Intelligent Software works?
For example, if you are someone who owns a supermarket like Dmart, or Reliance as every business owner you work and expect the reward for your work i.e proper profit. But unfortunately, things are not falling in place as you expect. This is where the power of data can help you to pinpoint what is not working in your business, and what decisions you should take to rectify them so that it can lead to your goal.
Now, for instance, let us consider the collection of feedback received from your customers and this is important data, but everyone doesn’t have time to read thousands of feedbacks and make decisions. Here the set of Business intelligence tools works in the following way to give you proper data reporting.
Data Sourcing – The First Step of BI
“Data – The raw material of business”
In any business, before investing money into a new idea, it’s essential to invest time in sourcing data. Data is the authentic evidence to know how we progress. As the first step Business intelligence tools collect data from various sources at various times. For example, a customer who gave positive feedback about your supermarket 6 months before, may have a change of opinion now, or a customer who does a bulk purchase may have faced some bad experience. Each feedback is vital to consider.
Analyzation, Converting Data into Information – The Second Step of BI
“Information is the fuel where analytics is the engine”
Here the raw data collected is converted into a set of information upon which the main decision of your business relies. Also, the historical trends are taken into account to make exact future decisions. Below mentioned are some of the traditional and modern methods.
- Analysis by Spreadsheet: This is the traditional method used in the initial days where the data stored in a spreadsheet is converted into graphs, pie charts, or tables, which is easy for the user at other ends to analyze.
- User interacted software: In this method, the software directly analyses the data collected which is also user-friendly to deal with.
- Direct visualization tools: Here technologies like Power BI allows you to analyze data, visualize the information so that it will be easy to discover what’s important.
You may also Like: An Effective Digital Era File Cabinet: Content Management System
Reports Based on the Analysis: The Third Step of BI
This stage of BI includes two main factors 1. Situation awareness, 2. Risk assessment.
In the previous stage after analyzing the data transformed into information depending upon the present trends and requirements the unwanted information will be eliminated. But all the data will be kept safe for future use. Now risk management works on determining the possible present and near-future risk which also includes cost benefits. The report summarizes in what way the actions can be taken to be on the safer side.
Decision Support: The Fourth Step of BI
Through all the data and analyses Business intelligence software gives you options on decisions to choose and the pros and cons of choosing each decision. These informed decisions by BI software are provided based on strategic issues known through analyzing crucial information based on the companies performance from the beginning which should cope up with future trends according to the customer’s expectation and demand.
5 Business Intelligence Softwares in 2021
Here we have listed below some of the top BI tools on random basics which is not in the ranking order. These tools are used by many successful business firms.
1. Zoho Analytics
Zoho Analytics is the top business intelligence platform that provides smart assistant Zia, which is a part of machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies. You can get powerful insights faster by using the Ask Zia feature. Creating dashboards is no more a hectic work since Zoho Analytics provides simple drag and drop options. Customers like versa creative say with Zoho analytics per year their company saves 5000 man-hours.
- High scale, Extensible platform
- Easy to use
- Low TCO
- Unified business analytics
- Flexible deployment options Versa Creative saves 5000 man-hours per year with Zoho Analytic
2. Infor Birst – (Birst) Building Industry Redundancy Scheme Trust
If you are looking for a BI platform with cloud-based analytics Infor Birst can be one of your fine choices. With the key features and unique approach, Infor Birst in BI improves profitability in your business by reducing costs and increasing revenues. Based on extensive automation Infor Brist is the progressive end-to-end solution with visualization, data warehouse, and data reporting platform.
- Modern data architecture
- Adaptive user experience
- Monetize data
- Automated data integration
- Industry analytics
This app serves better for users even if they don’t have sufficient technical knowledge. Domo offers unrestricted data access essential for quality business decisions. Domo is well known for its attractive visualizations which stand in a better place compared to regular ones. This also has the system of tracking behavior and interest to make the suggestions better.
- Dashboard Creation
- Domo Appstore
- Flexible Data Connections
- Flexible Integrations
- Sharing & Collaboration
4. Microsoft – Power BI Desktop and Power BI Pro
Microsoft provides two Business intelligence software namely Power BI and Power BI Pro. Where Power BI is a free service platform and Power BI Pro is a paid one. In Microsoft Power BI Pro you will be able to collaborate with all the Power BI users in the organization and also can share your reports.
- Self-Service Analytics
- Real-time analytics
- Data Integration
- Mobile BI
5. Dundas BI
If you look for enterprise-level business intelligence software Dundas will be one of your fine choices. With Dundas, you get more value to your data so that your business decisions will be more clear. Dundas matches your expectations with its flexible specifications such as end-to-end business intelligence, data reporting, and analytics platforms.
- Forecasting and analytics
- Data linage tracking
- Interactive data visualizations
- Workflow collaboration
- Predictive analytics and model
You May Also Like: Top 10 Web Development trends to become Super Relevant in 2022
5 Things to Consider While Selecting a BI Software:
- Cost – Make sure to select the total cost of ownership which covers both detailed implementations, ongoing maintenance costs.
- Security – Data is the game-changer in any organization. Thus the security of data and privacy is the most important thing to consider. Make sure to select the Business Intelligent tool which has data encryption, access control mechanisms, password complexity as its key security features.
- Mobility – It’s better to select tools that have mobile connectivity since it would be easy to make sure that every one of the organizations can be connected. And also this leads the information of the organization to reach the employees faster.
- Customization – Customized Business intelligence as per your companies requirement will lead to easy and better work. Many BI tools do not provide Customization. Make sure to choose BI tools that offer customization.
- Integration – To integrate with any pre-existing applications within your company choose integrated tools where standalone can only be used in its application.
Image Source: Pixabay